Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shoshona Snow







Shoshona Snow is a Kingston, NY based ceramic artist.
With a BFA in ceramics in hand, she started her own ceramics studio,and does a little bit of teaching on the side.
Most of her items are thrown on the potter’s wheel. She uses fine grolleg porcelain (oh how I love porcelain!) and uses a black slip which she then carves to let the beautiful white of the porcelain show through. The work is so tactile and textured, it must feel so nice to the touch!
I am a confirmed clay addict. It’s one medium that I am pretty hopeless at, so I really admire potters who do such beautiful and inventive work!
See her shop by clicking on the post title!

3 comments:

shoshonasnow said...

Great! Thanks for featuring my work!

HaroldandJane said...

Wow, these are really beautiful.

aidan said...

These are beautiful. I love how the bright soft color contasts with the graphic black and white.