Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cathy Nichols







Cathy Nichols is a New York based painter. Her sense of colour is absolutely fabulous, and I love her use of shape and form. Her pieces take me to another world... There’s a fantastic children’s book called The Secret World of Og by Pierre Berton, an author who normally writes about Canadian history. He wrote this book for his 5 children, and his daughter did the illustrations for the book. Cathy’s work reminds me of the type of illustration I’d like to see if they were to do a new version of the story, since her images have such whimsy and a touch of fantasy about them.
Her Etsy shop has an awesome selection of prints, but if you check out her website (www.cathynichols.com) you’ll see that she has original paintings as well as prints on wood, which is a nice alternative, because its ready to hang and looks more like an original!
Click on the post title to view her Etsy shop!

2 comments:

Cathy Nichols Art said...

Thank you for this lovely post! I must check out The Secret World of Og. Sounds like a great book to read to the little ones! xo

My name is Andrea said...

It is a great book... one of the classics from my childhood!