Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hollyhawk






Holly Strate is the wonderful and talented person behind Hollyhawk. I recently bought the gorgeous teal bird wrist purse at the bottom, and I have to say it's even lovlier in person! I'm going to use it as a wallet, it's the perfect size. When I was transfering my stuff from my old wallet, I realised that my last 3 wallets have all had a bird on the front... what could that mean? That my money likes to fly away? Probably...
Holly makes her wares in the beautiful capital of British Columbia, Victoria (which is just an hour and a half ferry ride from Vancouver)and creates her leather pieces using the traditional techniques by dyeing, printing, stitching, embossing, moulding, carving, painting and riveting them.
See more in her Etsy shop by clicking on the post title!

No comments: